At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Reporting to the Director, FP&A, the Sr. Business Partner, GTM will support world class financial forecasting, planning & reporting for the go-to-market orgs. This will involve providing a wide range of financial and decision support information to senior sales/underwriting and finance leadership, including developing business plans, evaluating new initiatives, and maintaining long range financial plans for existing and new products, go-to-market channels, and new markets. This role will also work closely with At-Bay leadership to help to shape and develop forecasts based on data driven empirical results. He/she will work across all departments to provide a wide range of financial and decision support information to senior management and department leaders, including developing business plans, evaluating new initiatives, and maintaining long range financial plans.
The Sr. Business Partner will interact frequently with senior management in this role and must become a trusted thought partner to his/her teams.
- Become embedded with partner organizations across the company, establish trust and quickly understand the business, economics and metrics
- Develop robust models on trends, key business drivers and financial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions. Create frameworks to understand cost structures and requirements as it relates to growth to support decision making
- Support the FP&A and sales/underwriting and pricing/actuarial functions on financial forecasts and models for existing and new products and go-to-market channels and pricing implications. Prepare product specific and channel P&Ls.
- Provide recommendations on product and channel mix to maximize profitability and work with internal teams to ensure execution and tracking to plan
- Review and provide recommendations on compensation plans for go-to-market teams
- Oversee preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting
- Prepare monthly dashboard of operating results, trends and metrics for the sales/underwriting leadership team and executive team. Provide monthly analysis on rate vs. volume variance
- Focus on sources of variability, understand causes and implement data-driven forecasting improvements.
- Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle
- Prepare annual plans and quarterly re-plans, with year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter variance analysis and complete analysis of quarterly and annual financial results
- Support Board and Exec Staff materials, including monthly dashboard of operating results, trends and metrics
- Understand the business cases for investment and advise on whether proposals should be funded
- Other ad hoc projects as need be
In this role we value
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 8+ years prior work experience with a proven track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility
- Must have prior FP&A experience and prior investment banking or private equity experience. Insurance industry experience a plus
- Excellent financial modeling skills and experience leading and managing highly quantitative, complex analysis
- Very strong communication/ presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to senior management
- Strong people management skills, with some prior experience managing direct reports
- Robust Excel, PPT, and Microsoft Office skills. Experience with Excel VBA Macros a strong plus
- Experience with Anaplan or other financial planning software tools preferred; SQL and Tableau a plus
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- 4-year degree from top-tier university with strong academic performance, MBA preferred