Aspire is the leading influencer marketing and content creation platform for brands.
The Aspire platform makes it possible for today’s brands to build communities of influencers, ambassadors, customers, and fans to drive word of mouth marketing and create amazing content at scale. Aspire is trusted by hundreds of thousands of influencers and content creators as well as more than 400 leading consumer brands, including Samsung, HelloFresh, Purple, and Dyson!
We’re growing across the board - and we're looking for an Accounting Operations Manager to join our distributed remote team! With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Aspire is the perfect place to develop your skills in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment.
We’ve built a collaborative and supportive culture that espouses ownership and empathy, which has led Aspire to be named one of the “Bay Area's Best Places To Work” by The SF Business Times.
This role is permanently fully remote.
We are seeking a strong process oriented accounting professional to manage a high transaction Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) operation. The ideal candidate will have an obsession for detail and a passion for designing and implementing scalable and transparent systems, controls and processes to support our growth. The ideal candidate will be adept at driving cross functional initiatives, selecting and implementing systems for automation, and designing processes and workflows that are efficient and provide adequate controls.
This is an excellent position for someone who thrives in fast paced environments and lives under a continuous quality improvement credo.
What you’ll be doing
- Accountable for the oversight, management, and strategy of the AR (including billing and collections) and AP functions
- Build a highly reputable internal and external customer service culture. Monitor and manage relationships with external customers and internal business partners.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to resolve operational pain points and customer issues
- Provide leadership related to the identification, selection, implementation and documentation of appropriate accounting operations’ policies, procedures and systems
- Identify process inefficiencies to improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiencies in the AR and AP processes
- Drive strategy around the collection and payment processes, and identify and improve areas of weakness and risks of exposure
- Drive strategy around the integration of new product offerings into billing and the revenue recognition system
- Develop cash management strategy, enhance current policies and procedures, and support the cash forecasting process
- Oversee and improve the Company’s expense activities and policies
- Ensure that US GAAP, SOX compliance and company specific policies and procedures are consistently followed
- Oversee the proper closing of the AR and AP subledgers during the month end close process
- Produce and/or review recurring reporting on a weekly and monthly basis tied to cash analysis and AR and AP analytics (DPOs, DSOs, agings, etc.)
- Ad hoc reporting and projects as requested
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience with 3+ years of supervisory experience
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Experience with cash planning and high volume AR and AP functions
- Experience with Netsuite, Quickbooks, Ordway, Airbase or related billing and expense management software platforms
- Facility with Tableau and/or other database and data visualization tools
- Public Accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred.
- Active CPA and/or CFA
Benefits and Perks
- Have the chance to work as a pioneer and leader in the Creator Economy
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + 401(k) (where applicable)
- Unlimited vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 16 weeks
- Work from home & wellness reimbursement ($60/month)
- Annual education credit of $2500
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
Aspire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.