Aspire is the leading influencer marketing and content creation platform for brands.
The Aspire platform makes it possible for today’s brands to build communities of influencers, ambassadors, customers, and fans to drive word-of-mouth marketing and create amazing content at scale. Aspire is trusted by hundreds of thousands of influencers and content creators as well as more than 400 leading consumer brands, including Samsung, HelloFresh, Purple, and Dyson!
We’re growing across the board and we're looking for a Staff Accountant to join our distributed remote finance team! With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Aspire is the perfect place to develop your skills in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment.
We’ve built a collaborative and supportive culture that espouses ownership and empathy, which has led Aspire to be named one of the “Bay Area's Best Places To Work” by The SF Business Times.
We are looking for a highly motivated and data-driven accounting Staff Accountant to join our growing team.
In this role, you will reconcile cash accounts, perform collections, and support billings. You will also partner closely with the Finance department to tackle a variety of accounting projects while developing and streamlining processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about learning new systems and principles while growing alongside a dynamic, fast-paced startup. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
You are a great fit if you’re self-driven, highly organized, and an enthusiastic team player!
What you'll be working on:
- Process complete, accurate, and timely cash and AR transactions
- Execute collection efforts
- Review customer and cash accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences
- Interface with customers via email and phone to resolve billing questions and issues
- Prepare adjusting journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Work cross-functionally with our customer-facing teams
- Assist in with the month-end close process
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Minimum: BA/BS in accounting, finance, or a related field, OR 2 years of accounting experience, with an emphasis on AR/Collections preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, and organization
- Customer-centric attitude and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction
- Proactive problem-solving skills with an eagerness to fix inefficiencies
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help your teammates
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Stripe, QuickBooks Online or Netsuite
- Familiarity with SaaS and/or marketplace businesses
- Remote work experience
Benefits and Perks
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Work from home & wellness reimbursement ($60/month)
- Annual education credit of $2500
- Visibility into operations across the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + 401(k) (where applicable)
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.