Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position will be laboratory-based, working directly with a team of scientists within Oncology, Biology. The individual will gain first-hand experience in cancer drug discovery by helping to execute and analyze cell and molecular biology-based experiments. Within a fast-paced, collaborative environment the individual will be expected to learn quickly in order to meaningfully contribute to the progression of potential cancer therapeutics.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Training on various assays and data analysis
- Learn methods for assessing protein levels in various bioassays from in vitro cultures (western blots, luminescence, MSD)
- Trained to perform cellular functional assays including: 3D proliferation, target engagement, and apoptosis assays
- Trained in the handling of in vivo samples
- Learn to analyze and communicate experimental data to team members
- Write up experimental procedures for colleagues, and provide thorough documentation using an electronic lab notebook
- Build productive networking relationships
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Relentlessly persistent
- Attentive to detail
- Open to constructive feedback, and freely asks questions
- Basic understanding of cell and molecular biology
- Basic understanding of cancer biology and biochemistry
- Prior experience with cell culture highly desired, but not a pre-requisite
- Capable of independent work and communicating progress or problems
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference to a student in a Cell and Molecular Biology or Biochemistry Masters program, or a rising Junior/Senior in an undergraduate program
- Completed advanced coursework in cell biology and/or biochemistry
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer