Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Neuroscience team. As Arvinas’ portfolio of preclinical and clinical programs continues to expand, the candidate for this position will have a tremendous opportunity to help us drive our translational strategy for current and upcoming clinical stage neuroscience PROTAC drug candidates. We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative candidate who is passionate about advancing novel neurodegeneration therapies for a laboratory-based position. This individual will have strong experimental skills and will utilize a variety of techniques to establish ex vivo and biomarker assays to support target engagement, pathway engagement and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic evaluation of PROTAC degrader molecules in preclinical and clinical studies.
This position reports to a Research Scientist, Neuroscience and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
As part of the Neuroscience team, the candidate will assist in the assessment of target engagement, pathway engagement and evaluation of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) relationships as part of ongoing preclinical research studies across multiple programs. Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Independently design and execute experiments, and perform data analysis
- Leverage multiple assay platforms to measure target engagement and pathway modulation in tissues and biofluids
- Interact and collaborate with neuroscience, chemistry, translational and clinical team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Document, compile and interpret experimental data; manage electronic laboratory notebook, databases, and/ or spreadsheets to present data in a meaningful manner
- Keep up-to-date on relevant scientific literature
- Proficient in molecular and cellular biology techniques and biochemical assays, including but not limited to immunoblotting, ELISA, and MSD
- Plate-based assay development and validation experience is desirable
- Previous industry experience and understanding of drug development is a plus
- Innovative and creative individual with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, prioritize in experimental design and data analysis and taking ownership of multiple projects
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; previous industry experience is a plus.
- Neuroscience background or understanding is preferred but not required
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer