Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about advancing novel cancer therapies into the clinic to help drive the translational strategy for our expanding portfolio of clinical stage PROTAC drug candidates. This highly motivated and seasoned scientist will lead a team of scientists and use their translational science expertise to interface with program teams and external partners and develop strategies for selecting disease indications for clinical development, identifying pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers to implement in clinical studies, developing drug combination strategies and characterizing mechanisms of drug resistance.
This position reports to Executive Director, Oncology Translational Science and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a group of PhD and non-PhD level scientists with the primary focus of conducting nonclinical translational studies from candidate nomination into clinical studies, by developing action plans, strategies, and go/no go criteria at each stage of this process. Previous experience directly supervising and mentoring junior scientists is essential
- Serve as a leader in the Oncology Translational Science team, and interact with scientific leadership within Arvinas to exchange scientific data and ideas
- Communicate project deliverables to the leaders across the oncology therapeutic area and other senior governance groups when necessary
- Exploring new biomarker assay platforms to enable high quality analysis of preclinical and clinical biomarkers.
- Interact and liaise with internal experts, external experts, academic groups, and CROs to establish collaborations and projects to execute translational studies as needed and identify and implement new biomarker technologies and preclinical models
- Solid understanding of cancer biology and/or immuno-oncology is required
- At least 5 years of drug development experience, including demonstrated industry management experience, and a solid understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials are preferred
- Recognized as an emerging leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishment, including publications in top tier journals, is required
- Demonstrated success leading translational studies and working on cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams, integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups/functions
- Demonstrated expertise with in vitro and in vivo methods to characterize cancer and/or immune cell signaling and function, tumor growth, as well as next-generation sequencing, proteomic technologies, flow cytometry, etc., with the aim of developing assays to assess mechanism of action and biomarkers for oncology and immuno-oncology targeted agents
- Experience in IND enabling studies and filings and preclinical and clinical biomarker development is desirable
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, pharmacology, or related fields with a minimum of 8+ years related experience which includes 2-4 years of academic or industry post-doctoral experience
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer