Armis is looking for a few of the very best people in their field to join our A-team of big thinkers, doers, movers, and shakers. This unique opportunity truly offers the best of all worlds—start up culture, enterprise level benefits and security, and top pay for the industry. Got your attention yet? Good, keep reading, it only gets better.
Ok, so what exactly does Armis do?
Connected assets are growing at an explosive rate, across every industry and every geo. In today’s world of smart devices and BYOD, these assets come from every direction and are found in every possible environment and industry. And they’re critical to success for every enterprise. And because every single asset represents a very real potential vulnerability, they’re also the last line of defense against today’s sophisticated cyber criminals.
Armis gives companies of every size—across every industry and geo—complete asset visibility, contextual intelligence, and continuous security. We have partnerships and integrations with the planet’s leading tech and cybersecurity players. And we’re building an incredibly smart and diverse global team of thought-leading technologists, creative visionaries and proven game changers who are ready to take Armis to the next level.
Armis is looking for an experienced in-house attorney to help lead the commercial legal function in EMEA & APAC.
You will help build a global commercial legal team and will work closely to advise and support the Armis Sales and Finance teams as they transact business and bring revenue through the door.
You’ll provide pragmatic and business-minded legal support to stakeholders at all levels of the company, while ensuring that we have outstanding processes in place to scale the commercial legal function. In addition, you will play an instrumental role in building and shaping the growing Armis legal team.
Who you are
- A lawyer who loves to create exceptional processes and has a passion for enabling legal’s internal business clients
- Exceptional contract drafter and negotiator; comfortable independently handling challenging and complex software deals with enterprise customers
- At home in startup environments; able to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Clear communicator who can quickly deliver actionable advice to our business clients
- Strategic thinker with strong organisational skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient
- Excellent business judgment
- Client-centric and pragmatic approach to handling complex legal issues
What you’ll do
In this role, you will own, grow and develop revenue-focused commercial and GTM legal activities. You will also contribute to the Armis Legal Team strategy and growth roadmap.
Your ability to do the following will drive your success:
- Own commercial legal process from intake, resourcing and execution, meeting or exceeding internal SLAs and KPI tracking
- Advise on, negotiate and close a range of contracts including NDAs, outbound and inbound software licensing agreements, technology partner agreements, commercial order forms, professional services and partner agreements
- Update commercial legal playbooks on a monthly release cadence
- Complete contract legal and operational risk audit and implement monitoring strategy: Determine key risks and contract clauses/attributes to audit and monitor; complete baseline audit of existing contracts; develop and launch mitigation and monitoring program based on findings
- Collaborate with internal and external financial teams and auditors to recommend contracting guidelines, policies and escalations/exceptions process - to ensure deal structures and clauses support company booking and revenue recognition targets
- Localize customer contract templates and processes to support international expansion to markets in EMEA and APAC, working with outside counsel as needed
- Work with Channel team to develop channel partner program policies and transactional documentation
- Provide strategic roadmap, including budget and resourcing plans for the commercial and GTM legal team’s growth and development, including process and systems deployment, hiring, training, and professional development
Experience and qualifications you’ll need
- 5+ years combined law firm and in-house legal department experience
- UK law degree and qualification
- Proven success working effectively across business units and internal functions to efficiently resolve complex commercial transactions
- Familiarity working across the globe, to support multiple time zones and cultures
- Deep experience negotiating B2B SaaS and software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, and channel agreements for technology companies
- Experience working in a start-up atmosphere is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Gmail, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, DocuSign, Salesforce, CLM and other Legal Ops tools, and Slack
- Privacy, and cybersecurity experience or interest is a plus
The choices you make in your career journey matter. You want to do interesting work in an important field while also having time to live your life, which is why we place so much value in your life-work balance. Armis sets you up for success with comprehensive health benefits, discretionary time off, paid holidays including monthly me days, and a highly inclusive and diverse workplace. Put your unique experiences and perspective to work in an environment where they will enable you to thrive, grow, and live your life with integrity.
Armis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We never discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected (or not) status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.