Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $520 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that result in significant health improvement for patients.
The role will work in close collaboration with technical stakeholders to enhance and optimize Arine’s backend web APIs, patient data processing, data management systems, and cloud infrastructure. This position will support, maintain, and develop software using a variety of different tools, including Python, AWS services, serverless, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Participate in all aspects of Arine's backend and API platforms, including the following:
- Write production-level Python to implement web APIs, CLIs, libraries, and scripts
- Work closely with various AWS services to build/deploy new features, troubleshoot reported bugs, and monitor mission-critical infrastructure and microservices
- Write unit and integration tests, and perform a modest amount of QA
- Contribute to paying down technical debt and improving existing systems
- Collaborate with frontend and data engineers to collectively support Arine’s internal Clinical Operations team and external customers/users
- Proficient or fluent in Python (can build and deploy web APIs, CLIs, libraries, and scripts)
- Working knowledge of various AWS services (Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Solid understanding of synchronous vs asynchronous design, SQL vs NoSQL databases, and REST API design (WebSockets is a big plus)
- Comfortable writing unit and integration tests (familiarity with TDD is a plus)
- Proficient with Git/GitHub, branching, and pull requests
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Results-oriented and can deliver against strict deadlines
- A team player who can also work independently
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Experience with event-driven and serverless architectures
- Experience optimizing database design, e.g. indexes, queries, and aggregations
- Experience working with healthcare data or EHR systems
Arine is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!