Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $520 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that result in significant health improvement for patients.
This is a part time, onsite, hourly position. Must be located in San Francisco or the surrounding areas.
The Administrative Assistant will receive assignments and responsibilities under the supervision of the Office Manager and VP of Clinical Operations to support various office and Clinical Operations responsibilities. Their main responsibility will be viewing patient and provider information to prepare and send correspondence (both physical and digital), assisting with maintaining Clinical Operations standard operating procedures, assisting and supporting the OM and other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities include: making phone calls, and other clerical duties as assigned.
This person will also work in close collaboration with Arine's operational and clinical support leads, clinical pharmacists, engineers, and business managers to optimize operational processes.
All Arine team members promote a cooperative working relationship with clients and other team members by communicating effectively, being respectful and accepting feedback professionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform all functions assigned to Arine's clinical support team, which include:
- Assistant will be working closely with the OM to develop skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the Administrative and Healthcare Support industry
- Ability and willingness to follow directions given and to perform assigned duties in accordance with applicable guidelines, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and prior successful experience working in a diverse setting
- Knowledge and prior application or experience with Microsoft Suite, especially Google Docs, Microsoft Excel.
- Accurate record keeping in Arine’s software platform
- Fax management, including failed fax reconciliation
- Mailings and returned mail triage, including preparation and mailing of patient educational materials and other items as needed
- Participation in process improvement meetings to help achieve efficient Clinical Operations workflows
- Following up with hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and patients to maintain updated patient and provider information
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Our ideal candidate:
- High School Diploma with interest in Operational or Administrative work
- Ability to organize and effectively set priorities while working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and medication names, both brand and generic
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Interest in Administration and Pharmaceutical Support industry
- A team player who can also work independently
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Technology Troubleshooting
- Initiative and diligence in completing tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to satisfactorily perform job duties
- Willingness to be taught/learn new skills
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, Google Documents
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, with no restrictions for keyboarding
- Experience with other electronic medical records (Nice to have but not required)
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting with taking medication histories (Nice to have but not required)
- Experience working in a busy healthcare setting (Nice to have but not required)
- Available to work Arine’s hours of operations, including occasional weekends
- Dynamic role and opportunity to help shape the company from the ground up, including potential equity opportunities
- Unparalleled growth and learning opportunities including working closely with an experienced team of clinicians, engineers, software architects, and digital health entrepreneurs
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: The Administrative Assistant will require work from the San Francisco (downtown) office with possibility of partial remote work.
Arine is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!