Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $520 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine works with leading healthcare organizations to provide and facilitate clinical interventions that result in significant health improvement for patients.
We are looking for a clinical pharmacist to join a strong team of clinicians, analysts, clinical support staff and trainees to utilize Arine’s software platform and to help optimize patient outcomes for our clients. The purpose of this position is to provide an expert level medication therapy consultation to the patients and providers, collaborate with the engineering team and leadership to improve Arine’s software platform, and to help supervise the Clinical Operations support team. This candidate will have direct impact on patient care and the delivery of our core enterprise and keep continually abreast of new developments in the fast-moving drug field and be aware of emerging patterns, treatment guidelines, and best practices.
The clinical pharmacist receives assignments and functions under the supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations to carry out and supervise direct patient care responsibilities and perform a range of functions that include the maintenance and review of patient medication profiles; counseling patients on appropriate drug use; promoting adherence; developing clinical recommendations; reviewing completed medication reviews by other Virtual Pharmacist users; as well as interacting with other health professionals to help improve patient outcomes.
Job duties also include assisting with orienting new team members and Virtual Pharmacist users, facilitating prior authorizations, helping patients with finding financial assistance and transportation to help increase medication adherence, review and evaluate clinical guidelines and workflow processes as assigned.
This person will work in close collaboration with the Clinical Services team, Engineering team, Product team, and other managers to optimize operational processes as well as advise on product development as a liaison for patients and outside providers. All team members promote a cooperative working relationship with clients and other team members by communicating effectively, being respectful and accepting feedback professionally. Additionally, all members act to meet patient needs and learn new skills to achieve quality customer service and patient care.
What you’ll be doing: The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
The role encompasses all of Arine's Clinical Operations team activities. You will be asked to:
- Evaluate, assess, and document patient data in Arine’s software platform and other programs, prepare written reports, and provide oral reports concerning patient care and team progress
- Complete efficient and thorough medication review and/or adherence counseling appointments
- Review completed medication reviews and counseling by other Virtual Pharmacist users, as assigned.
- Staff various clinical shifts and work with automation and new technology
- Respond to questions by patients, providers, and other professional personnel and team members
- Participate in process improvement meetings to help achieve efficient workflows
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral formats and provide daily sign-out when applicable
- Follow-up with clinics, providers, pharmacies, and patients to resolve patient issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Develop intervention strategies to optimize medication utilization, achieve quality measures, and other established goals
- Identifies opportunities for improvement regarding workflow processes and Arine’s software platform
- Assist with obtaining referrals and authorizations
- Guide and help oversee other Clinical Operations team members
- Orient new Virtual Pharmacist users to workflows and the Virtual Pharmacist
- Evaluate and help develop clinical algorithms
- Comply with all company policies and state and federal rules and regulations
Our ideal candidate:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) from an accredited college/university
- Licensed Pharmacist in multiple states and in good standing (California RPh license required)
- Completion of a PGY-1 residency, or equivalent experience
- Ability to review and assess the appropriateness of prescriptions with respect to age specific, disease state specific considerations
- Ability to engage with the patients, promote adherence and treat them with empathy and compassion
- Ability to organize and set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Knowledge of chronic disease states, such as diabetes, heart failure, COPD, asthma, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dyslipidemia, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, and thought disorders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply judgement and make informed decisions in order to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team and foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Experience working with patients of different cultural, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Has knowledge of influence of patient’s age, sex, concomitant disease states, concurrent drug therapy, foods and diagnostic procedures on drug activity and disposition
- Has knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
- Has knowledge of prescription and non-prescription drugs and drug products and their indications, efficacy, dosage, mechanisms of action, major contraindications and potential side effects
- Willingness to be taught/learn new skills
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboard skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Spreadsheets, and Google Documents
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, with no restrictions for keyboarding
- Willingness and ability to obtain registered pharmacist license in other states, as needed
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with other electronic medical records
- Fluent in a second language
- Board certification in a specialty area
- Medication Therapy Management experience
- Experience working in a busy healthcare setting
- Dynamic role and opportunity to help shape the company from the ground up
- Unparalleled growth and learning opportunities including working closely with an experienced team of clinicians, engineers, software architects, and digital health entrepreneurs
Arine is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!