Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our flexible workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
A career in our Financial Systems & Data Management Team, focused on our Oracle Cloud Financials Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) solutions, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CFOs, controllers and business leaders to drive value throughout the organization. Our team helps our global finance organization reduce costs and cycle times while providing business insights through the implementation of leading practices and Oracle’s modern cloud Financial EPP applications. Creating a well-controlled platform for growth and increased regulatory requirements through the implementation of leading practices and Oracle’s ERP Cloud Financials applications.
KEY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The roles and responsibilities of the desired candidate are to provide highly complex functional and technical services to our finance & business stakeholders, as well as play a pivotal role in requirements definition, design, implementation and support of our Oracle’s ERP Cloud Financials applications, while maintaining strong stakeholder relationships. This includes:
- Strategic Implementation of Oracle Financials Cloud ERP (Accounting Hub, GL, Procurement, AP, FA, CM) solutions.
- Business Rule / Calculation Design & Development.
- Data Management & Integration, and Reconciliation.
- Master Data Management.
- User Security Configuration and Management.
- Report Development.
- Document system/data requirements, design, and processes
- Configure application components, including databases, rules, calc scripts, reports, security and process management modules
- Manage ERP interfacing activities, including testing and data reconciliation
- Support deployment of Oracle ERP applications and related changes
- Partner with our consulting firm to implement the Oracle ERP solutions and future state processes
- Providing expertise and input regarding ERP processes to finance and business stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrates strong abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader, leading practices in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Procure to Payment Processes
- Record to Report General Ledger & Subledger Processes
- Reinsurance Accounting Processes
- Tax Provisioning, Premium Tax, & Reporting
- Treasury, Cash Management & Bank Reconciliations
- Supporting Financial Close and Consolidation processes, SEC and Statutory Reporting
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing business needs: building relationships with stakeholders; communicating with stakeholders in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to management.
Demonstrates knowledge and exposure of the common issues facing finance in the insurance industry.
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing stakeholder needs communicating value propositions; managing project requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates strong abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader working with Oracle cloud-based solutions and project management tools.
Demonstrates highly efficient and effective communication through MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, and/or Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience working in senior level Finance and/or technology roles
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience specializing in Oracle ERP cloud based applications
- Certifications in any of the following Oracle Cloud Financials ERP Solutions: Accounting Hub, General Ledger, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Cash Management preferred
- CPA, preferred
- Preferred experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The collection of your personal information is subject to our HR Privacy Notice
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include dental, disability, life insurance, medical, and vision insurance, matching 401(k) retirement savings, generous paid time off (21 days of PTO, 11 paid company holidays, 3 floating holidays and a paid voluntary day), paid caregiver and parental leave, paid bereavement, jury duty/court appearances, and military (up to 14 days) leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.