Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our flexible workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
The Actuarial Data Manager role is critical to supporting the actuarial strategy at Argo. We seek an individual that has the ability to provide direction to a team of actuaries/data professionals supporting the management and analysis of actuarial data, as well as serve as the subject manner expert for Argo business partners across the organization by providing direction and assistance on matters related to their actuarial data needs.
- Collaborates in a team environment with Actuarial, IT, Claims, Finance, Digital and Underwriting colleagues.
- Lead team in updating and providing other technical support for the organization’s actuarial databases and reports which provide key metrics to executives, business leaders, actuaries and underwriters and inform important strategic decisions across the company.
- Guide team in identifying and gathering relevant, quality data sources in order to support any inquiries or issues.
- Develop strategy through testing and exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Create strategy for integration and transformation of disparate data sources and determine the appropriate application of data hygiene techniques.
- Be seen as the Actuarial Data subject matter expert and is a key resource for knowledge on data sources, data collection and relevant tools.
- Strategize with IT and Digital functions to develop processes to create an efficient data/modeling environment that streamlines required analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Finance related.
- At least ACAS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of P&C experience
- Understanding of common actuarial methodologies
- Experience with at least multiple coding language (SQL, R, Python, SAS, VBA, etc.)
- Experience with insurance regulatory and/or reinsurance data inquiries a plus.
- Broad overall knowledge of insurance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
- Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as collaborative product.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team to complete concurrent projects on time with tight deadlines.
- Experience with managing multiple monthly processes in a Production and Development areas including ticketing system for bugs/enhancements.
Travel Requirements: Up to 15%
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $138,400.00 - $168,600.00 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.