At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide support and assistance to the overall underwriting function through customer service, processing of various underwriting transactions, data research and analysis.
This position will be based in Richmond, VA with the option of working partly remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and negotiate complex endorsement requests and handle within established service standards.
- Assist with triage of submissions to determine risk selection acceptability including processing declinations or identify and/or obtain essential information required for quoting purposes.
- Conduct underwriting file analysis, including identifying forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
- Assist underwriters in carrying out their essential duties and responsibilities to enhance the overall performance of the division through utilization of systems and guidelines as provided.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with underwriters, customers and business partners to provide high quality service to clients.
- Issue binders.
- Interact with brokers to assist with follow up for underlying information, subjectivities as well as addressing account inquiries.
- Thorough review and analysis of inspection reports including follow up with brokers on observations that affect coverage implications.
- Thorough review, analysis and processing of premium audits including dispute resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work or degree preferred.
- General knowledge of commercial insurance strongly preferred.
- Must be able to function effectively in a time sensitive and high volume environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing direction, adjusting priorities and/or work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work autonomously in a fast paced, production oriented environment.
- Analytical ability.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce.
- Must display a professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
- Math proficiency.
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.