At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within Group Data we are looking for a Technical Production Support Manager working from any of our exciting offices or remotely.
The Technical Production Support Manager will work for the VP of Group Data and is responsible for ensuring that user issues are being addressed in a timely and thorough manner. The position requires strong logical and analytical skills, and a deep understanding of modern database monitoring tools and software applications.
- Act as an individual contributor and lead group of production support analysts.
- Work closely with customer, product, and engineering teams to ensure that reported issues are being addressed and SLAs are met.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Argo data assets, software applications, and integrations tools and the applications.
- Develop and maintain Support process and procedure documentation
- Provide front-line support for multiple internal teams.
- Gather information, analyze situations, and determine root causes of issues reported.
- Resolve issues when possible and escalate, when needed, to the appropriate team.
- Track the status of outstanding issues and ensure that critical issues are addressed immediately.
- Represent Group Data in the Argo change management process.
- Provide input to the development team, helping the team prioritize work that addresses production issues and improves supportability across environments.
- Develop and analyze appropriate reports on team's productivity, metrics, and service levels.
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional production support experience in a data environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience managing a team
- Ability to determine the root cause of reported issues by applying knowledge of data and applications, DBs, Data warehouse, to APIs.
- Strong data analysis skills, experience with data integrations, and SQL knowledge are a must.
- Ability to pivot, as needed, to address immediate critical needs.
- Attention to detail, focus, and follow-through are essential.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for resolving issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond quickly to requests from multiple resources.
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Provide technical thought leadership to the IT and Data organization with regards to the latest data and analytics industry trends.
- Understanding of Data Governance model and supporting structure.
- Ability to partner with Business teams to drive improved performance and quality.
- Experience working with a distributed office environment.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.