At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients.
Argo Group currently has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Accountant, located in San Antonio, Texas (although other locations may be considered). This professional will be part of our team that is responsible for the Corporate Accounting functions for the service company and holding company entities. The team supports the accounting and reporting shared services of the organization and its various business unit leaders across the globe.
- Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close and financial reporting in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Activities performed include the preparation of journal entries, financial analysis, account reconciliations and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement with detailed explanations for the corporate segment and entities.
- Prepare various accounting workpapers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries as assigned.
- Complete the settlement and monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts and reporting between the company’s domestic and international entities and other selected accounts as assigned.
- Prepare and analyze complex standard ad hoc financial reports for management.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining current processes, design processes and document procedures.
- Collaborate and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion
- Assist in accounting efforts related to both internal and external audit requests.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably working as an Accountant or Auditor for a company with a full set of Audited Financial Statements
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines for multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong teamwork skills and display professional demeanor encompassing company’s vision and values
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with senior levels of the financial management team and stakeholders within the organization
- Proficient PC skills, particularly in Excel (advanced level), Access and Word
- Experience with Oracle or ERP general ledger software is preferred
In addition, you will share in those core values which are key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $69,500 - $118,200 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.