At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within Group Data we are looking for a Sr. Program Manager working from any of our exciting offices or remotely.
The Sr. Program Manager will work for the VP of Group Data to shape our enterprise data strategy and lead the technical implementation of key tenants of the strategy. The position will lead the centralization of our new cloud data ecosystem delivering on a robust and scalable data warehouse. The purpose of this job is to manage the overall operations of a highly visible program that integrates large scale projects and ongoing production support. The position exists to ensure effective planning and execution of multiple projects pertaining to an overarching program, while aligning program goals with overall company strategy.
The Sr. Program Manager must have experience with large data transformation projects. Experience with enterprise data architecture and building / scaling data services to be consumed by our BI & Analytics Team as well as other Business Customers. Experience with data management and operations strategy is also necessary.
Ultimately we are responsible for helping teams achieve their goals, working strategically together, and remaining as adaptable as possible in a fun, ever-changing environment. We’re always looking for ways to optimize. We need a Manager, Program Management, to help guide and deliver value to a large business initiative, or multiple important projects, while managing a team of Project Managers.
- Partner with executive sponsors to define the program OKRs, establish the business opportunity pipeline, and maintain the product roadmap and delivery plans.
- Lead your program team and deliver strategic value. Collaborate across Argo’s senior stakeholders and other program managers.
- Plan and manage a large program consisting of multiple complex projects. Help drive delivery of project work through project managers who are working on related programs
- Operate in an iterative environment, focus on driving priority features, and effectively communicate outcomes to stakeholders .
- Understand and evangelize your program’s strategy and its benefits for Argo
- Leverage change management best practices and stakeholder engagement to ensure the successful adoption of strategic initiatives
- Apply analysis based on in-depth research and interpretive thinking. Evaluate and recommend solutions from various options
- Anticipate and mitigate risk by conducting assessments across the program to determine if the implementation plans meet stakeholder requirements and will achieve strategic objectives.
- Identify core problems or opportunities within business processes. Understand the root cause and impacts for the project and other teams. Communicate and collaborate with the right people to implement timely solutions.
- Help your project team or other more junior program and project managers to refine their individual project management skills and behaviors. Provide opportunities to others to help close their skill gaps.
Who You Are
- Highly adaptable and agile in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment; able to thrive within ambiguity; has demonstrated ownership and initiative to achieve business results
- 10+ years of experience Program Management/Portfolio Management within IT leading large and complex cross-functional programs/projects
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management/Portfolio Management regarding Data Management, Data Transformation and Data Delivery
- 5+ years of experience in Data Services (Data Operations)
- 5+ years of experience in Agile Methodology
- Experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives
- Experience as a thought partner with both product and engineering leaders to define and deliver program OKRs and roadmaps
- Effective leadership and influencing skills with an emphasis on team culture, morale, engagement and retention
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and emotionally intelligent communication skills to communicate, persuade, influence, and handle challenging conversations effectively at a Director level and above
- Strong organizational skills and deep understanding of Project Management concepts for planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas, and are decisive - you capture the data and make informed, critical decisions quickly
- You are a people builder; provide exciting and stretching tasks and assignments; construct compelling development plans and execute them. Guide teams to establish and achieve goals. Align work assignments/opportunities with an individual's goals, talents, and aspirations.
- Thoughtfully dispense direct, measurable, and relevant feedback; are open and direct without being intimidating; deal head-on with challenges and ambitious situations.
- Hold team members accountable to the highest standards of performance by clarifying and implementing internal processes and standard methodologies; review work product and documentation, as applicable
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies (e.g., Lean, Agile/Scrum)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills are must
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Provide technical thought leadership to the IT and Data organization with regards to the latest data and analytics industry trends.
- Understanding of Data Governance model and supporting structure.
- Ability to partner with Business teams to drive improved performance and quality
- Experience working with a distributed office environment
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.