At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
As AVP, Business Process Outsourcing, you will lead the operations of core outsourced US Underwriting support activities across multiple Argo lines of business. This includes submission clearance, policy issuance, data entry, renewal support, and more. In this role, you will need ensure full adherence to Service Level & Quality standards while consistently identifying opportunities for efficiency and or results improvement. You will lead on on the implementation of a new software suite, pushing standardization and compliance for Underwriting Support activities. This is a key position with an opportunity to have strategic influence and add real value to the business.
- Manage outsourcing partners and onshore BPO Analysts to deliver timely and accurate task completion across core Underwriting support activities.
- Communicate performance and initiative updates regularly and effectively to US Underwriting leadership and stakeholders.
- Actively drive efficiency throughout US Underwriting by proactively identifying opportunities for standardization, outsourcing, automation, and process improvement.
- Support and drive the implementation of Workflow software across US Underwriting lines of business.
- Draw from operational data, providing analysis and action-oriented insights to drive business decisions and continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate across multiple levels of Argo management, vendor contacts, and all key stakeholders within relevant support areas.
- Ensure adherence to governance best practices through creation, updates, and communication of SOPs and process flows for outsourced and automated functions.
- Transition new tasks and work types to our BPO vendors using project management techniques to ensure new task are implemented on time and to requirements.
- Act as a primary point of contact with business users for changes, issues, and communication regarding outsourced and automation performance.
- Lead regular performance review calls with business stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with Outsourcing and Automation partners regarding performance, feedback and efficiency opportunities.
- Utilize any and all available data points to clearly evaluate performance, identify problem areas, and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Manage members of the Argo BPO team, ensuring consistency and partnership from them in their interactions with business stakeholders and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of Underwriting Support Management experience.
- At least three years' experience in Vendor Management and transitioning of functions to an outsourcing partner.
- Excellent analytical skills, with extensive experience interpreting and presenting performance data.
- Experience evaluating performance and managing a vendor partner to contracted SLAs.
- Experience communicating performance, value, and efficiency metrics to multiple business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize competing demands.
- Team spirit, enthusiasm and ability to cooperate with others to accomplish goals.
- Ability to travel.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.