At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Surety currently has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Underwriter in Contract Surety. This role may be located in Philadelphia PA, Addison, TX, Denver, CO, or the Northwest with the option to work remotely.
- Underwrites, Analyzes and services complex contract Surety accounts.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reviews new business with VP and SVP of contract Surety as necessary.
- Responsible for producing new accounts from assigned group of agents/brokers or designated geographic area.
- Through a disciplined sales management approach, develop and leverage productive agency/client relationships based on a high level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients.
- Analyze exposures and determine the appropriate surety coverage and conditions, and the assignment of premium amounts
- Use business acumen to perform, gather and review information on financial conditions, risk exposure, loss history, and economic trends that may impact the terms and conditions offered to the client
- Manage renewal business.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management system and adherence to documentation standards
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3 – 5 years experience in Underwriting Contract Surety bonds.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment when handling our clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce error-free work and achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed by position and/or manager.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage many tasks simultaneously in addition to comfortably interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
- Must have strong PC skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The salary range for this role for Colorado workers is $108,000 - $135,000. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.