At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
The Principal Security Engineer role is a security subject matter expert and accountable to the Argo Group, Director of Security Engineering. The ideal candidate will serve as a lead security engineer supporting a variety of organization-wide cyber security initiatives with limited oversight. This role will consult, engineer, and deliver technical security solutions and achieve security objectives with a high emphasis on delivering results and business value.
Responsibilities includes working on large projects and/or engineering processes that may span cross-functionally into other areas of the company. Additionally, this role will work to resolve issues impacting the business, that involve matters of security, that are undefined and require detailed analysis and investigation, develop policies and standards, and continually improve current security tools and configurations (e.g., ProofPoint, zScaler, Crowdstrike, Cloudflare). The Principal Engineer will liaise with the business to facilitate remediation of security incidents; research, and forensic investigations. This role will also evaluate and develop relevant information security policies and guidance.
The Principal Security Engineer role requires deep knowledge in areas of information technology and able to apply that knowledge to all disciplines of security. The engineer will also be responsible for information security related to design and integration, which includes but not limited to the deployment, testing, and embedding of information security solutions, architecture, threats, vulnerabilities and policies and standards. The ideal candidate will assist in the development, deployment, implementation, and tactical activities relating to information security operational processes and procedures.
- Build relationships with peers in each of the business segments that result in clear understanding of information security technology, operations and business initiatives that enable Argo Group to meet Security objectives.
- Exert significant influence in the decision-making process within the security team and more importantly influence outcomes outside of security regarding security engineering policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Collaborate with DTS peers to implement and monitor security measures of effectiveness that protect Argo computer systems, networks, and information.
- Lead and apply system engineering design theories and principles for researching, designing, and developing and maintaining Argo’s security posture and security maturity frameworks.
- Be the principal security engineer and subject matter expert on a variety of security projects and programs that have tactical and strategic impacts to all business segments across Argo Group enterprise. May lead large complex projects and the delegation of assigned work tasks. Review’s engineering project deliverables for quality and accuracy.
- Implement and incorporate security threat intelligence into the engineering design process and integrate tactical and operational intelligence into day-to-day security operations.
- Lead design and implement security solution proof of concepts. Brief security leaders and other stakeholders on findings and results.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Manage the relationship with Managed Services Providers to implement, configure, troubleshoot, and improve security tools and capabilities.
- Lead and respond to security incidents.
- Lead remediation activities of security assessment-based findings and propose enhancements to existing security capabilities.
- Influence the prioritization of vulnerability response activities with service delivery managers. Report on vulnerability response remediation and progress.
- Engages other organizations to facilitate communications and operations awareness of daily changes to the security landscape.
- Maintain reliable, up-to-date, information across the industry regarding information security engineering and operations including new and existing threats, vulnerabilities, policies, and standards, and incorporates those facts and findings into actionable deliverables.
- Coaches, trains, and provides guidance to other security team members.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $120,000 - $130,000 plus eligibility for an annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.