At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
Argo Group US currently has a challenging opportunity for a Business Analyst. This enthusiastic, self-motivated individual will be part of a team-oriented environment in the Project Delivery Department.
The Business Analyst will be the primary liaison between IT departments and various business units to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and IT applications/systems. He/She acts as a consultant for business problems and opportunities and may provide insight for possible technical solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
The Business Analyst ensures that the business intent is carried through the project’s business analysis work and that the business analysis work is of sufficient quality to meet solution objectives and deliver business value.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community and the development team through which requirements flow.
- Conducts interviews and leads requirements gathering sessions with business representatives to elicit and document business requirements for system development.
- Elicit and write business and system functional and non-functional requirements including usability, reliability, performance and support requirements of a system.
- Maintain requirements per Project Management Office (PMO) standards of documentation.
- Act in a project management capacity, when a PM is not assigned to the project.
- Effectively communicate issues to business customers and elicit feedback for applications programmers and technology solution providers.
- Applies use of tools to define requirements and documentation.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for assigned projects and processes.
- Conducts issue triage and escalation as it relates to requirements/technical issues for the client/project.
- Performs Knowledge Transfer with technical teams – Development, Quality Assurance and Production Support.
- Coordinates building of user acceptance test cases by the clients; as well as the execution of user acceptance testing.
- 3+ experience in a Business Analyst Capacity-focused in an Insurance Business Environment.
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Information Systems preferred, MBA highly preferred.
- Must have at least 1 year of Insurance business experience, but preferably 2-4 years of business experience (claims, underwriting, agency accounting, corporate underwriting, etc.).
- Able to work directly with clients to understand business requirements on a project basis.
- Ability to understand the client area's functions and systems.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience/exposure to business analysis methodology, process improvement methodology, project and risk management and industry related tools.
Attitude and Aptitude will be primary qualifications for this role. Will give strong consideration for individuals with an aptitude for technology and have extensive insurance experience.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.