Argo Group is a leader in specialty insurance with a vibrant culture built on respect, equality, wellness and opportunity. We’re an innovative organization that’s small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference in our industry.
Our flexible workplace is continuously evolving to ensure all employees feel:
- Comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- Confident that they will be treated respectfully.
- Recognized for their performance and provided with equal opportunities to succeed.
At Argo, skill meets opportunity. If you’re wired to raise your hand and ask, “Where can I help?”, you’ll thrive with us.
We are looking for a highly capable Senior Primary Casualty Production Underwriter to join our team as a home-based employee or based in one of our Argo offices.
The Senior Production Underwriter will support the Primary Casualty team and grow our business profitably primarily with wholesale distribution partners through effective underwriting of new business and renewals according to authority level and established guidelines, participate in special projects, and provide mentoring for less experienced staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review and price policies to verify acceptability based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority both primary and supported excess.
· Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
· Interact in person, via email, and by phone with wholesale brokers to obtain further risk-specific details, negotiate terms and pricing, and explain company positions.
· Manage assigned underwriting territory, including the performance (GWP, loss ratio) of assigned brokers.
· Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
· Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
· Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal, within assigned territory to properly transact business within the state.
· Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports/dashboards.
· Mentor less experienced team members.
· Conduct educational sessions within the department.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or five plus years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five years underwriting experience with authority in excess and surplus lines.
· Proven track record of driving profitable growth.
· Demonstrates an understanding and ability to effectively engage in the negotiation process.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU designation strongly preferred.
· Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Ability to travel.
· Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, offers frequent, integrated communication and values authentic recognition of excellence. View our 2022 Environmental, Social & Governance Report to learn more about Argo.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The collection of your personal information is subject to our HR Privacy Notice
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include dental, disability, life insurance, medical, and vision insurance, matching 401(k) retirement savings, generous paid time off (21 days of PTO, 11 paid company holidays, 3 floating holidays and a paid voluntary day), paid caregiver and parental leave, paid bereavement, jury duty/court appearances, and military (up to 14 days) leave, employee assistance program (EAP), and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that results in approximately 25% of all new hires annually.