At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. We are looking for a VP, Group Enterprise Data to work remote, or from one of our exciting Argo Office locations, including Chicago, IL, New York, NY, San Antonio, TX, Richmond, VA, or Alpharetta, GA.
The Vice President of Group Enterprise Data is responsible for the development, implementation and communication of an Argo Data Strategy that is connected to the Argo Business stakeholder’s need for information analytics using modern data technology tools and governance. This position will lead the Data Governance, Data Operations, Data Architecture and Data Project Delivery teams. A key delivery is the creation of the company's enterprise data warehouse. The selected candidate will report to the Chief Information & Digital Officer.
- Proven track record in creating a global enterprise data warehouse which supports the global organization.
- Proven track record of leading the creation of an Enterprise Data Strategy based on Business requirements in a global P&C Insurance organization.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to articulate the Data Strategy to senior leadership and adjust priorities based on demand and need.
- Provide technical thought leadership to the IT and Data organization with regards to the latest data and analytics industry trends.
- Experience managing on-shore and off-shore delivery teams focused on Information Analysis.
- Proven ability to implement a Data Governance model and supporting structure.
- Ability to partner with Business teams to drive improved performance and quality.
- Experience working with a distributed office environment.
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on building good teams and relationships including the evaluation and improvement recommendations of the current data team organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years leading a Data organization in medium to large global organizations.
- Commercial P&C Insurance/Reinsurance experience mandatory.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.