At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
- Assist Workstream as they move through requirements, development, testing cycles.
- Assist Workstream owner in navigating within Digital & Technology Services organization (DTS).
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders and IT Business Analysts to gather, create, and document Duck Creek system requirements.
- Assist business unit and SI partner with gathering and confirming requirements for all parts of the policy lifecycle (For example: UW Rules, Form Mapping, UI Design).
- Assist SI Partner with triaging questions during Development and consult on Argo related matters.
- Identify key participants and facilitating their involvement in program activities.
- Conduct and consolidate research to support workstream activities and management of parking lot items.
- Work with Claims and Billing on Cross Workstream needs. Ensure Claims understands policy flow and determine if Policy needs additional fields or to make particular fields mandatory to ensure data meets needs.
- Maintain requirements per Project Management Office (PMO) standards of documentation.
- Effectively communicate issues to business customers and elicit feedback for applications programmers and technology solution providers.
- Apply use of tools to define requirements and documentation.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned projects and processes.
- Conduct issue triage and escalation as it relates to requirements/technical issues for the client/project.
- Coordinate building of user acceptance test cases by the clients; as well as the execution of user acceptance testing.
- Frequently interact with: Workstream Owner, Program Manager (Lead & Integration), Workstream Delivery Lead, Workstream Strategy Lead, Business Unit SME, Program Coordinators, OCM Team.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration or related field ; MBA preferred.
- Preferably certified, but not required: IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA®).
- 5+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst Capacity-focused in a Property & Casualty Insurance Business.
- Must have at least 1 year of Insurance business experience, preferably 2-4 years of business experience (underwriting, corporate underwriting, etc).
- Able to work directly with business users to understand business requirements on a project basis.
- Ability to understand the business area's functions and systems.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience/exposure to business analysis methodology, process improvement methodology, project and risk management and industry related tools.
- Passionate about problem solving.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Attitude and Aptitude will be primary qualifications for this role. Will give strong consideration for individuals with an aptitude for technology and have extensive insurance experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Argo’s legacy systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Argo US businesses, products, and systems.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability and aptitude to work remotely.
- Up to 15%
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.