At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
To manage and maintain the existing property and casualty products in the Contract Binding unit. As a member of the Contract P&C team, the position also manages the posting of underwriting guidelines and related automation processes. This person will develop forms, applications, and rules for existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update Underwriting Manuals for the Colony Specialty Contract P&C Binding business. Experience with ISO class codes and E&S (property and casualty) underwriting required.
- Develop forms, rules and collaborate with underwriting staff to develop manuals specific to product/state, and coordinate their changes as needed in context of a delegated authority binding environmental. In this context, the position will provide expertise and recommendations around UW and classification guidelines, coverage forms and effective communication with our Underwriters and authorized Agents.
- Technical experience with PDF and MS Word preferred to write and publish regular updates to underwriting and classification guidelines.
- Coordinate with IT, our policy administration system, Argo Chief Underwriting Officers, and business unit underwriters to effect and publish changes.
- Communicate product introductions, changes, and withdrawals to staff and agencies.
- Contribute to systems improvements as a SME and conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Similar experience in E&S Contract binding market preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or ten plus years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive Excess & Surplus underwriting experience.
- Clear understanding and vision of the E&S marketplace.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Good working rapport with wholesale MGA community.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K (US-based employees), generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 100%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.