At Argo Group, you can be part of an organization where we are small enough to be agile and big enough to make a difference. You can make a direct impact while working in a high-performing, innovative and inclusive team.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is a global multiline underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. We help power the businesses that drive the world economy, offering a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity and design thinking, relies on innovation and agility, promotes collaborative service delivery, frequent, integrated communication, and authentic recognition of excellence. View the latest Investor Presentation to learn more about Argo.
We are looking for a highly capable Inland Marine Account Manager to join our team based in any of the Argo offices nationally or a as a home-based employee.
The Account Manager will support the Inland Marine business nationally and partner with the underwriters in areas related to portfolio performance, new business and renewals, and account servicing.
- Works in conjunction with assigned underwriters or independent of to deliver on the financial metrics that lead to growth, profitability, and efficiency in accordance with the business unit’s financial plan. The Account Manager will work on individual risks and programs within the designated lead underwriter’s portfolio to deliver both financial results of the segment and customer excellence with defined Argo service standards. The Account Manager plays a key role in evaluating the performance of the book and has communication with each assigned underwriter on the performance of these metrics to the plan. The Account Manager is in communication with the designated broker representative to take actions necessary to meet services objectives around new business, renewal, and endorsement activity. The Account Manager is expected to work in a team environment and will take actions to ensure the timeliness of our customer service and help execute on the company and regulatory quality and compliance guidelines.
- Handles new business and renewals by being involved in the staging of accounts during the account lifecycle. They will handle transactions within their designated authority, and within the standards that Argo has in place. This will include handling new business and renewals, incorporating risk selection, exposure analysis, pricing, and quoting based on underwriting standards and authority.
- Services the account during its lifecycle with Argo. This includes:
- Working with Operations on getting the policy rated and issued properly and within service level agreements.
- Facultative requirements on behalf of the underwriter, when requested or for files administered by the Account Manager.
- Handling account inquiries, or changes such as billing, endorsements or other needs.
- Communicating with the broker regarding a specific strategy that may impact their account. Underwriters will communicate to brokers if there is a portfolio issue.
- Renewing accounts under $25K in GPW with appropriate risk analysis and pricing to meet our profit objectives.
- Administering Renewal process for the Underwriting team meeting timelines for Tort and regulatory.
- Providing each underwriter with a monthly report on the performance of the in-force book.
- Document production, New and Renewal Quotes, Binders, and Modeling Reports.
- Participating in weekly new business discussions, and lead conversations on all renewals within a 90-day period of expiration that need to be reviewed.
- Secondary responsibility to assist the underwriters in making sure that file documentation, quality, and compliance standards are met for each file.
- Communicating and collaborating with Marine Operations lead and Business Operations team on finding ways to simplify work processes and to ensure the quality of our portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or an equivalent amount of relevant experience in handling Inland marine policies and forms
- Inland Marine Forms & Products background preferred; 3 years plus of insurance underwriting assistance experience
- AAIS familiarity preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Team oriented
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrates strong client focus
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to travel on a minimal basis
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
How We Work - Our Employee Values
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization.
Argo Group offers an attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A culture that recognizes performance and empowers employees to excel, offering competitive compensation and merit driven profit sharing.
- Flexible workplace policies that support employee well-being include compressed hours, flex-time, job-sharing, remote work, sabbatical leave, holiday and summer hours.
- Comprehensive health, wellness, and financial planning options that employees can tailor to meet their personal and family needs. In addition to traditional health and wellness plans, benefits include retirement savings, matching 401K, generous paid time off (PTO), paid caregiver and parental leave, employee assistance program (EAP), an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) offering a 15% discount, and an array of voluntary benefits.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that offers continuous learning and professional development – Training magazine lists Argo among the Training "Top 125" Companies. Argo encourages career mobility and continuing education to pursue and maintain professional and industry designations, in addition to traditional university and higher education programs.
- An inclusive culture that develops and sponsors diverse teams, encourages cross-functional engagement and collaboration, builds community through employee resource groups (ERGs), and provides an environment that welcomes ongoing dialogue, creative innovation, professional and personal development.
- Active community outreach and volunteer programs in addition to matching charitable gifts by 150%.
- A generous Employee Referral program that has resulted in 25% of all new hires this year.