What does a Senior Business Process Engineer’s workday look like?
- Help deliver Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable business results through effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Work on multiple initiatives of significant scope and complexity. Perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes and/or channels. May lead projects or work as part of a project team under the direction of the AVP Process Improvement & Automation or the Lead Process Engineer
- Identify, analyze and scope process improvement opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Shape vision, mobilize commitment and influence stakeholders to change process, systems and structures.
- Demonstrate strong project governance and a keen attention to detail
- Utilize knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methods (people, process and/or technology) to resolve defects and issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the deployment of Business Process Engineering through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving). Work as part of a team.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success – so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Business Process Engineering team, we are looking for a Lead Business Process Engineer.
The Senior Business Process Engineer is responsible for consistently delivering business process improvement projects throughout the group. The position will work with subject matter experts in identifying and executing process improvement projects that sustainably improve customer and employee experiences while measurably enhancing overall Group performance. This position requires initiative, commitment, excellent communication skills and a high degree of technical competence. The position will report to the AVP Process Improvement & Automation.
What’s required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years’ professional business or consulting experience in process improvement or a similar operations discipline within Property & Casualty Insurance or a closely related field.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent process mapping and requirement gathering skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be an active listener comfortable with collaboration and able to quickly establish rapport and leverage relationships with stakeholders
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation within business processes
- Proven ability to influence and affect change
- Track record of delivering tangible results through process improvement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead an effectively facilitate workshops
- Ability to work solo on projects as required and to perform multiple roles from ideation through to final delivery. Be equally comfortable and effective working solo or in teams.
If you have these preferred skills, that’s even better:
- Lean Six Sigma certified or equivalent certification
- Ability to facilitate and influence business change with senior-level executives.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Insurance Services Industry.
- Experience of London Insurance or International Reinsurance markets
- Master's degree in engineering or business
- Self-starter who has led projects which have had significant, positive impact on member and employee experiences and contributed to business success.
Culture Fit & Impact: Argo’s Values
Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit:
- Get the job done in a non-bureaucratic, resourceful manner.
- Create a culture of accountability ensuring the delivery of world-class products and services.
Do the right thing:
- Act with integrity always.
- Adhere to the commitments set forth in the Argo Group Environmental, Social and Governance program.
- Create an open and transparent environment in which diverse experience, skill sets, and individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes.
- Encourage and include unique perspectives at all times.
Respect each other:
- Create an environment that promotes dialogue, mutual support and cooperation between and among all, where people are fun to be around, proud of what they do, and willing to achieve beyond normal expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.