Underwrite new specialty casualty business and renewals according to authority level and established guidelines. At Argo Group, we work together to serve specialty markets, focused on the success of each of our customers by offering specialty coverage through our subsidiaries. Our full line of high-quality products and services is designed to meet the unique coverage and claim-handling needs of our clients. Learn more about Argo here.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and price policies to verify acceptability based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority both primary and supported excess.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Interact in person, via email, and by phone with wholesale brokers to obtain further risk-specific details, negotiate terms and pricing, and explain company positions.
- Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of agents and travel to agent offices.
- Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
- Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
- Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal, within assigned territory to properly transact business within the state.
- Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or one to three years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years underwriting experience with authority, preferably in excess and surplus lines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU desirable.
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How We Work
Employees at Argo thrive together as a responsible, profitable specialty insurer where all stakeholders share in our success.
We are committed to:
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Doing the right thing
- Respecting each other
About Argo Group
Argo Group underwrites specialty insurance in niche areas of the property casualty market. Our team members are critical to our long-term success. We work together to serve specialty markets, focused on the success of each of our customers by offering specialty coverage through our subsidiaries. Our full line of high-quality products and services is designed to meet the unique coverage and claim-handling needs of our clients. Learn more about Argo here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.