Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities.
We are looking for a highly capable Analyst and Data Communication Strategist - Marketing to join our team and work from any of our US offices or as a home based employee. This position is responsible for leveraging data reporting and analysis related to Marketing and Argo businesses’ short and long term initiatives.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Extract and manipulate data to develop defensible insights that inform decision-making and overall performance
- Understand the unique drivers of the business and the specialty insurance industry.
- Works closely with internal data teams and actuary, staying current on the latest data structure changes, reporting, visualization tools and strategies.
- Troubleshoots data reporting issues and works to modify existing processes or recommends process change to alleviate problems.
- Uses system data, reporting and visualization tools to proactively identify opportunities and trends working in conjunction with the AVP Producer Management Analytics.
- Manages and executes adhoc data requests within the Marketing group and for the AVP Producer Management Analytics.
- Uses data to identify opportunities for growth and communication with client partners.
- Acts as main point of contact for all producer reporting; involved in digital report design and data integrated with CRM and Sales Enablement platforms.
- Manages all monthly producer reporting for Marketing SVP and Marketing Managers.
- Continually builds communication skills and expands network of business leaders, actuarial, digital and data teams.
- Active member of data and digital collaboration teams.
Core qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in data mining, cleansing and compilation from multiple sources using strong SQL skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn analytic and visualization tools.
- Experience with Postgres and/or Snowflake a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Microsoft Excel, including development of linked workbooks, pivot tables, queries, reports and graphs, as well as advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and applications
- Experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- Passion for finding streamlined and less complex solutions to data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Willingness to develop strong and productive relationships with various departments including underwriting, actuarial, IT and marketing.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, Excel, Access, data base query tools and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Salesforce or Seismic a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive work style with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
About Argo Group
- We have a very flat organizational structure, enabling our employees have more interaction with our senior management team, especially when it relates to reviewing large losses.
- We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
Culture Fit & Impact: Argo’s Values
Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit:
- Get the job done in a non-bureaucratic, resourceful manner.
- Create a culture of accountability ensuring the delivery of world-class products and services.
Do the right thing:
- Act with integrity always.
- Adhere to the commitments set forth in the Argo Group Environmental, Social and Governance program.
- Create an open and transparent environment in which diverse experience, skill sets, and individuals can team together to drive optimal outcomes.
- Encourage and include unique perspectives at all times.
Respect each other:
- Create an environment that promotes dialogue, mutual support and cooperation between and among all, where people are fun to be around, proud of what they do, and willing to achieve beyond normal expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.