METAL PREP ASSOCIATE
APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Contribute to the making of products by preparing metal components for Patina finishes.
- Perform related metal preparation duties such as, operating orbital sander and hand-held drill, and preparing products as needed.
- Produce consistent and high-quality work according to team guidelines.
- Meet and record the output and quality goals that are set by the Machining and Metal Preparation Manager. Verify accuracy of all work orders, bill of materials and routes. Notify manager of any discrepancies.
- Understand the use and effects of various equipment, abrasives, and technique for the finished surfaces.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide overtime work when needed.
- Comply with all safety and Company policies. Consistently follow safe work procedures for metal preparation, as well as required worksite safety procedures.
- Communicate with Assistant Manager and Manager about supply needs.
- Support company initiatives and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Able to learn quickly by watching and doing; can retain skills and information and build on them.
- Comfortable working with high-end materials that require a great deal of care and concern.
- Clear communicator, able to consistently receive and adjust with feedback.
- Able to wear appropriate protective equipment during work hours and abide by safety policies and guidelines while working with any hazardous materials.
- Able to wear respiratory protection that requires associates to be clean shaven.
- Able to routinely and repetitively lift up to 15 lbs and able to push 50 lbs on wheeled carts.
- Able to work standing for stretches of time.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated individual who takes responsibility, proactively communicates, and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
- Annual respirator fit test and medical clearance required.
- Experienced craftsperson with a desire to learn and grow.
- Prior experience working with your hands.
- Experience working in a high-paced or service-oriented role where output was key.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday as scheduled.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Initial skills review will take place 30 days from start date.
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance reviews.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our NY studio and will move to our new facility in Brooklyn in late spring. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.