APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Plan, budget, schedule and produce all APPARATUS creative initiatives including photo, film and brand events.
- Drive timelines and maintain accurate calendars for initiatives that include pre- and post-production and work in collaboration with internal teams.
- Manage all aspects of production including but not limited to budget, studios, permits, COI, catering.
- Negotiate rates, book teams and ensure imagery is secured for specified usage.
- Provide leadership as main partner for cross-functional internal and external teams in an efficient, kind and timely manner.
- Estimate, track and maintain detailed accounting of budgets by initiative, ensuring vendor information is accurate and payments are made on-time.
- Identify and manage risks throughout each project lifecycle and keep stakeholders informed throughout the duration of each initiative.
- Liaise with outside vendors and production companies when needed.
- Supervise and streamline the production process for cost, logistical and creative efficiency.
- Produce planning materials, spreadsheets and tracking tools to support the flow of information and to keep stakeholders informed.
- Ensure quality control and accuracy of all final deliverables.
- Provide on-site leadership for photoshoots and events, including evening and weekends as needed.
- A highly motivated and results-oriented individual capable of creating and executing operational strategy.
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to build rapport and solicit buy-in from a diverse group of individuals.
- Expert level technology, organizational and tracking skills.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility toward an evolving landscape; remain open to process and people changes.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- 5+ years experience as a producer of photo and film shoots.
- Prior successful production experience of both small and large-scale events, both entirely in-house and in partnership with an external production company.
- Exceptional organizational and project planning/management skills.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly 1:1s.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.