APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
This role is responsible for hand-assembling and wiring fixtures in our New York production facility with a high level of skill and within production timelines.
- Contribute to the making of products by hand by wiring and assembling fixtures.
- Produce consistent and high-quality work according to assembly guidelines.
- Meet the output and quality goals that are set by the Assembly Manager.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide overtime work when needed.
- Comply with all safety and Company policies.
- Communicate with Assistant Manager and Manager about low supplies.
- Support company initiatives and projects on an as-needed basis.
- Able to learn quickly by watching and doing; can retain skills and information and build on them.
- Comfortable working with high-end and delicate materials that require a great deal of care and concern.
- Able to clearly communicate; able to consistently receive and adjust with feedback.
- Able to wear appropriate protective equipment during work hours and abide by safety policies and guidelines while working with any hazardous materials.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is positive, consistent and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds safely, raise your arms over your head and stand for a long period of time.
- Annual respirator fit test and medical clearance required.
- Experienced maker with a desire to learn and grow.
- Prior experience working with electrical wiring.
- Experience working in a high-paced or service-oriented role where output was important.
- Prior experience working on projects that required consistent and long periods of focus.
- Experience working on a team.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:00–5:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Initial skills review will take place 30 days from start date.
- Regular check-ins.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based at APPARATUS PRODUCTION in Red Hook. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.