Antora Energy is on a mission to stop climate change by commercializing a new class of ultra-low-cost energy storage. We are committed to building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth.
We are seeking a lead business development professional responsible for driving early sales and project development.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build-out project pipeline by developing site-specific use cases, proposals, and contract structures.
- Refine Antora value proposition by working collaboratively with internal product team, customers, project developers, financiers, off-takers, and other key stakeholders.
- Work directly with the analytics team to develop tools to streamline market / customer analysis.
- Explore and develop new applications of the technology. Validate value hypotheses through customer engagement.
- Develop sales and investor presentations.
- Support policy and legislative advocacy activities.
- Track record of successfully executing commercial agreements for firm heat and/or power with industrial and/or utility customers
- Experience originating heat and/or power projects with industrial and/or utility customers
- Strong understanding of industrial / utility markets and applications of new technology to serve those markets
- An established network of contacts in industrial and utility markets in North America or Europe.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a highly developed business acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfort with presenting at the customer, partner, and board level
- Empathy, sensitivity, and ability to effectively interact with a broad and diverse range of colleagues.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience as a project developer of industrial/utility projects, particularly with new technology integration
- Familiarity with long-duration energy storage economics, use-cases, business models
- Sufficient comfort with technical concepts to enable deeper understanding of product offering
- Fluency with building complex financial models to quantitatively assess project viability
We encourage you to apply even if your experiences and qualifications deviate somewhat from this list.
Location and hours: Antora’s operations are currently highly distributed, especially so given the current situation with COVID-19. While our core team is concentrated in the San Francisco Bay Area, many team members are currently working from home depending on their job functions, and we partner with contractors and suppliers across the US. Our headquarters is located in Sunnyvale, CA. For this role, at least part-time on-site work is preferred, and flexibility in schedule can be accommodated. This is a full-time position, but we are also open to temporary contract work in the near-term.
How to Apply
We will begin application reviews on Nov. 29 and will begin interviewing on a rolling basis. The job posting will remain open until it is filled.
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- A premium benefits package, including:
- 100% employer premium coverage for Anthem PPO Gold health plan
- Option for Anthem PPO Platinum health plan, with employer premium coverage up to Gold level
- Vision and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- 50% health insurance premium coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending account for health care and dependent care
- 401(K) plan
- Industry-leading paid time off policy, including flexible and inclusive holiday observance
- Additional volunteer time off
- Clean commute stipend
- Dedicated benefits manager to help employees navigate insurance and our broader benefits
- A flexible schedule and a work culture that is supportive of the differing constraints we all have on our time
- A team of kind, energetic, and passionate people that values and supports people from all different backgrounds
- Company-supported career development opportunities
- The opportunity to be a leader in a rapidly-growing organization
- A supportive, respectful, and creative environment
- The opportunity to work in an environment in which your everyday actions have the potential for enormous impact in clean energy and climate
About Antora Energy
Antora Energy is a rapidly-growing startup on a mission to decarbonize our energy system by commercializing a new class of ultra-low-cost energy storage. Antora's modular thermal battery technology is charged by electricity, and can discharge both electricity and process heat up to 1500°C. With costs 20x lower than existing storage products, Antora's thermal battery solution reduces customer energy costs while increasing resiliency and slashing total heat and electricity emissions. This breakthrough solution is uniquely positioned to provide zero-carbon heat and electricity at prices below fossil fuels, and ultimately enable deep decarbonization across both the industrial sector and the electric power sector.
Our team consists of leading technology experts and entrepreneurs with deep experience building and scaling new technologies for decarbonization. We are backed by the world’s leading venture capital firms, as well as the US Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, and California Energy Commission. Antora Energy was founded in 2018 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth.