🚀 About Antler
Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the correct grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including New York, Toronto, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore, Jakarta, Ho Chi Minh, and Sydney. Since launching in 2018, we have invested in over 700 companies worldwide, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
💡 The Role
We are looking for a Visiting Capital Associate for our operations in Iberia starting from July. The role is pivotal for our success, both in the region and globally. This role allows you to take personal responsibility for the leadership of our team and fund, which will have an incredible impact as you help to launch Antler in Iberia.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience, and an unparalleled opportunity to work with highly motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs and the founders of future startup successes.
- Perform market analysis and support in investor presentations
- Assist the Antler Capital team in cultivating, building and maintaining relationships with a material group of relevant investors for investments into Antler’s Iberia Fund
- Actively map fundraising network in Iberia and worldwide to thoughtfully identify fundraising opportunities
- Build out a network of well-connected supporters and advisors that can help broaden the reach of our fundraising efforts through high-quality monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports, and as requested by investors
🎓 Key experience
- A relevant degree from a top-tier university, MBA preferred
- Full-time work experience in VC/PE, Investment Banking, Wealth Management
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English plus Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Ability to show extreme ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Robust understanding of investment management and financial markets
- An analytical mindset and ability to structure complex ideas
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and complimentary presentation skills to produce clear, crisp, and effective storytelling of key messages (w/excellent command of Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc)
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a reputation for producing high-quality, consistent, clear, and reliable outputs
🧬 Personal attributes
- Independent and proactive with a very positive attitude
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment
- Highly comfortable in fluid, rapidly changing environments with a proven ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Passion for entrepreneurship and a belief that the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Passion for cultivating and managing relationships and an ability to surface and engage with exceptional people around the world
💎 What we offer
- An internship (start and duration to be agreed with the candidate)
- A strong company culture with constant feedback
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one
- Incredible learning and growth in the world of Venture Capital
- An international environment that treats everyone with respect and gives you the room to grow