Are you an experienced people manager looking for a leadership role in a flexible, part-time capacity? The Technology team at Animal Logic is offering a unique opportunity for a part-time job sharing position for a Technology Operations Manager.
We are looking for a collaborative, highly communicative and experienced manager to run the day to day departmental and people operations of a global technology department. You will be collaborating with technical leadership on your mission to enrich the employee experience of technical staff who enable the production of award-winning feature animations. From creating mischievous bunnies in Peter Rabbit, building heroic minifigs in The LEGO Movies, to teaching prancing penguins how to dance in Happy Feet, our films inspire audiences around the world.
Job sharing details: The responsibilities of this role will be shared with another Technology Operations Manager (cross-site in Vancouver), with a requirement to work 3-4 days (24-30h) per week. This role would suit a Talent or Artist Manager looking to move into the technology space or an HR Manager from a tech company or start up.
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring great talent to the technology department through participating in and improving the recruitment and onboarding process for new employees
- Establish and maintain effective performance management practices and fair compensation models, ensuring consistency across the organisation
- Monitor performance of individuals in the team, identifying areas for training and career development; provide leadership coaching to technical managers
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that employees feel connected to the studio
- Maintain a culture of operational excellence, ensuring commitment, professionalism and excellent customer service in the department
- Be an escalation point of contact for all operational needs
- Prepare and manage the departmental salary budget
- Establish concise and consistent means of reporting status of team and resource efficacy
- Design, promote, and review standardised operational dashboards for the organisation
- Conduct regular presentations and reporting to senior executives and production-related leadership
- Support and communicate the overall goals of the Technology division
- Collaborate with Operations Managers across other departments on Technology wide operations initiatives
- Communicate frequently and collaboratively with job share counterpart in a cross-site location
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ people management experience in a multi-site environment, preferably in an organization with significant technical operations
- Experience in managing annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Confident presentation skills, with experience in analysing, planning and presenting business cases for operational initiatives
- Experience with hiring, on-boarding, developing, inspiring and mentoring individuals
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Software Development Lifecycle, and/or project management is advantageous
- Experience within Media & Entertainment industry desired but not essential
What we offer you:
- A flexible part-time opportunity in a managerial role
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney or downtown Vancouver!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!