Are you a leader who understands data and render workflows for CG feature animation pipelines?
Passionate about automation and making data driven decisions?
Do you thrive on making the most efficient use of digital resources possible?
We are looking for you – an experienced Digital Resources Manager to run the teams of Digital Resources Administrators and Engineers across all of Animal Logic’s studio sites. At Animal Logic, we leverage cloud technologies and our in-house proprietary rendering and farm management software to produce award-winning feature animations. From creating mischievous bunnies in Peter Rabbit, building heroic minifigs in The LEGO Movies, to teaching prancing penguins how to dance in Happy Feet, our films inspire audiences around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the technology vision for digital resources management at Animal Logic
- Manage Digital Resources Leads, Administrators and Engineers – hiring, performance appraisals and supporting their career development
- Supervise and mentor local Digital Resources Leads in ensuring:
- the render farm is being monitored, performant and managed efficiently and to production priorities
- disk space is being monitored and virtual file systems are being managed, backed up and archived
- monitoring of other critical systems using Zabbix and Grafana
- incoming data download requests and outgoing client deliveries are being serviced through Aspera
- issues are escalated to the appropriate teams for troubleshooting
- Work with production and technical staff to prepare render and storage projections based on historical data, regularly presenting them to senior management, producers and executives
- Serve as a point of contact to senior management, producers and executives
- Proactively analyse the data and render workflow to constantly look for and recommend areas for automation, innovation and optimisations for efficiency and responsiveness
- Keep abreast of render farm, cloud and machine learning technologies
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in managing digital resources or equivalent technical teams
- 2+ years’ management experience with direct reports
- Experience in analysing historical production data, preparing and presenting render and disk space forecasts
- Experience with multi-site teams, collaboration and communication with senior technical and production staff
- An analytical and data-driven mindset
- Familiarity with scripting languages (eg. Python) is an asset
- Familiarity with graphing applications like Grafana or Tableau is advantageous
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!