Start date: ASAP
The Technology division incorporates IT, R&D and Production Technology teams across Animal Logic and is responsible for supporting our productions and pipelines as well as developing innovative graphics tools in support of our animation productions. Reporting to the Head of Technical Project Management, the Project Manager will plan, manage, and deliver a variety of cross-team projects in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will utilise their enthusiasm, relationship building skills, attention to detail and flexibility to drive and execute project initiatives across multiple teams in two global locations, which align and support the strategic vision of Animal Logic.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for execution of project management plans ensuring adherence to scope and deadlines
- Facilitate requirements gathering, prioritisation, and planning initiatives with stakeholders across the company
- Work closely with technical managers, defining and maintaining roadmaps that realise the creative needs of Animal Logic
- Assist technical managers with high-level planning, scheduling, and delivery of projects
- Manage and remediate risk within projects, where necessary
- Provide regular project updates via presentations and reporting to Technology Leadership
- Collaborate with project managers across technology, executing on common goals across shows and facility initiatives
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager in a technical environment
- Bachelors or equivalent in a Technical field or PMP, PMI-ACP, PgMP, PMBOK certification
- Proven experience managing projects in the same or related industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Solid stakeholder management skills including advanced negotiation and influencing ability
- Solid understanding of software development and IT methodologies, e.g. Agile, ITIL
- Previous experience working with issue tracking and project systems, e.g. Jira, MS Project
What we bring:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in Yaletown near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with hybrid work options
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A variety of employee benefits including breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, and snacks galore!
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets, The Magician's Elephant and The Shrinking of the Treehorns. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.