Animal Logic is looking for Previs/Layout Artists to help in the design and creation of our next feature animation project "The Shrinking of the Treehorns", directed by Ron Howard. We're looking for artists to create shots & sequences, telling the story through camera and character staging, and the application of cinematic filmmaking principles.
What you’ll get to do:
- Help establish the cinematic staging as guided by the brief
- Create 3d shots and sequences based on script pages, storyboards or supervisor/director briefs
- Find creative solutions to production problems
- Work independently and within a team of previs/layout artists under the supervision of the Cinematographer and Previs Lead
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in Previs and/or Layout on Feature Film projects (either live action or animation)
- Demonstrable skills in filmmaking and visual storytelling, such as composition, staging, and shot rhythm
- Knowledge of cameras, lenses, editing, and film language
- Strong knowledge of either Maya or Blender software
- Good understanding of character animation principles
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Work well in a team environment
What you need to include in your application:
- A strong reel of previs, layout or visual storytelling work. Within the reel it would be good to see examples of entire sequences rather than individual shots
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application below!