We are looking for a Character Finalling Artist to work on a ‘Super’ Animated Feature Film in Sydney. You will work closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Modelling, Rigging, Animation, and Character FX to develop, and implement character shot based clean-up, and deformation effects post Animation.
What you’ll get to do:
- Complete shot based deformation enhancements post Animation. This includes:
- Deformation clean-up due to rigs being pushed beyond capability
- Adding deformation effects, simulating interaction
- Collaborate with the Animation and Rigging departments to determine best approaches to key deformation requirements
- Work under the creative direction of the Vancouver based Animation Supervisor, mentoring less experienced digital artists, offering creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots
- Assist with the prioritisation and delegation of work, ensuring successful completion of shots.
- Support open communication between departments
- Document new techniques and distribute updates
- Participate in problem solving to maintain production pipeline(s) and support AL’s overall technical goals as required
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television, with a strong and production proven knowledge of Character Finalling in either Maya, Houdini, or other relevant software
- Expert knowledge of human/animal anatomy and form
- Proven ability to create and deliver high-level shot based deformation correction in a timely manner
- Solid knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques, with a good understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Experience with sculpting package (i.e. Z-brush)
- Knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment
- Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
Please note that due to the Covid-19 situation, we are not able to provide relocation at this time - only candidates located and eligible to work in Australia will be considered.