Are you a Crowd Artist with creative problem-solving skills in order to fill sets and shots with life for an animated feature!? We are looking for a Crowd Artist to join our Vancouver team!
What you'll get to do:
- Setup crowd assets and HDAs within the existing Houdini pipeline and test new procedures and workflows
- Create a range of efficient crowd agents (bipeds/quadrupeds and vehicles) for efficient simulation
- Work with Animation teams to identify and breakdown behaviours into cycles for artists to use
- Work closely with FX Department Supervisor and Crowd Lead to implement efficient and effective ways to fill the sets and shots with life
- Give feedback to the department TD’s to continue the development of tools and workflows associated with crowd simulation
- Build templates that are highly geared towards automation
- If required, work with the fellow artists on the show that have been assigned shot implementation to make sure the scene files are being used efficiently
- Evaluate any issues that may arise in the setup of crowd and devises efficient solutions
- Collaborate with the FX Department Supervisor, Crowd Lead, and department TDs to test characters and provides timely solutions to problems that are discovered
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ Houdini experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature with a focus in Houdini Crowds
- Past experience, demonstrated via reel, of feature animation crowd or effects simulation
- Strong understanding of Houdini crowd agent design & setup
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs essential
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Experience building Houdini digital assets
- Solid understanding of motion and principles of rigging and animation
- Good understanding of the crowd shading and rendering procedurals
- Hair and cloth Simulation (for crowds) a bonus
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.