Are you a Production Assistant interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio in the future?! Then we would like to hear from you!
The Production Assistant contributes to the efficient, day-to-day running of the production department including production calendar organization, and liaising with support departments as required.
What you’ll get to do:
- Effectively and efficiently maintain the production calendar, including all related meeting requests from various sites
- Track all leave requests and attendance across the production; collate forms and distribute to relevant production management
- Ensure any conflicting priorities are communicated in a timely manner to all relevant parties
- Coordinate and collate all New Starter Forms/Checklists including liaising with relevant departments
- Collate and maintain new starter kit for all new arrivals; update and maintain throughout the production while also keeping track of new starter start dates, seat allocations etc.
- Collate and update the internal, external and photo contact list for the production
- Maintain, distribute and manage the handling of all copies of the script within the production
- Update documentation for production department and catalogue all library items
- Organise and attend weekly and/or monthly crew screenings
- Be the first point of contact for the production in regards to catering for the production
- Liaise with multiple departments and clients (i.e. Client Services, Front of House, Building Services, IT, HR, Production) in order to be the first point of contact for production related requests
- Collate, maintain and follow up on all purchasing for the production, ensuring appropriate approval
- Ensure that communication is conducted in a professional and timely manner at all times
- Foster and support a knowledge sharing culture
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ experience working as an Assistant in film production, post production or game development; or 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with scheduling and calendar management
- Strong computer skills with an openness to new workflows and tool sets
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong professionalism and attention to detail
- Adaptive attitude with proven experience achieving deadlines and maintaining healthy team spirit while under pressure
- Collaborative team member who actively listens, takes direction, and remains open to feedback
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, positivity, and initiative
- Passionate about film, with particular interest in animation
- Keen to learn and motivated to contribute to the success of the team and project
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.