Are you a Software Engineer interested in joining the global Pipeline team (distributed between Sydney and Vancouver)?! The Software Engineer will be primarily focused on integrating our existing proprietary production tracking and asset management systems with Shotgun for use in production.
The Software Engineer will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry as well as Shotgun and its API, and will have an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew. They will have demonstrated the capability to operate independently as well as within a larger team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop tools in Python to efficiently synchronise data between Shotgun and Animal Logic's internal systems
- Develop an understanding of production requirements and workflows
- Troubleshoot issues reported by production
- Communicate appropriately with technical and creative crew
What you bring:
- Experience with Shotgun, in particular the Python API and event daemon
- A third-level qualification (Bachelors Degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Software Development, preferably in VFX, Animation or Games
- Strong software design and engineering skills: familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use
- Strong skills in Python
- Familiarity with event-driven workflows
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with Git and Github, various build and CI systems
- Strong Linux skills and understanding of modern systems architecture
- Performance Analysis, Debugging and Optimisation
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.