Want to work with both highly creative and technical people, and enjoy movies?! We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is responsible for the constant pursuit of service reliability and scalability of global 24x7 Production services, by leveraging automation, durable/redundant architectures and advanced monitoring.
This is achieved by working in partnership with the IT Operations Team, to maximise resource efficiencies and ensure unified, real-time monitoring, across Sydney & Vancouver of all key systems, applications and infrastructure.
This role is not for the faint hearted! You will be working in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment, with responsibilities across multiple sites and the cloud.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work in partnership with the IT Operations Team, to maximise resource efficiencies and ensure unified, real-time monitoring, across Sydney and Vancouver of all key systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Help to define, configure and maintain the monitoring, analytics and AI-Ops systems used by the business.
- Work on infrastructure-as-code projects, and help to make programmatic provisioning and configuration of infrastructure the default across the enterprise.
- Plan for scalable +N operations.
- Ensure unified monitoring and work to encourage consistent systems and schemas across all Animal Logic locations.
- Ensure appropriate communication of scheduled or unscheduled service disruptions, and assist in automating the resolution of these issues via monitoring and automation.
- Learn the details of our industry-specific pipelines and types of workloads, and assist with rearchitecting them to meet infrastructure and cloud best-practices.
- Help leverage our metrics to automate capacity scaling and load/usage forecasting for key resources.
- Help to create, evangelise and operationalise automated health-checks for hardware and software systems; use these to remove deployment bottlenecks and implement continuous delivery from PREPRODUCTION to PRODUCTION.
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance PaaS and SaaS solutions.
- Advocate for, and build/manage tools to facilitate continuous improvement and continuous delivery in the enterprise’s technical operations.
- Participate in security initiatives, particularly monitoring aspects, e.g. threat monitoring including AV, Firewall, SIEM and Gateway services.
- Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with an elevated level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
- Provide tier-2 and tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in real-time to provide outstanding support responsiveness for internal service level objectives.
- Develop and maintain tools and automation to improve the efficiency of virtualised services/micro services.
- Escalate issues to senior technical staff when necessary via agreed protocols.
- Assist RnD and IT to produce appropriate documentation for the work you are involved in, and/or implement systems or scripts that dynamically document that information.
- Provide regular updates on the status/progress of projects to the DevOps Lead, Technology Producer, and key members of the teams you work with (particularly between sites), as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain ongoing professional relationships with key Production, R&D, Systems Engineering & Support Engineering Staff across the enterprise (and across sites).
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role (systems administration, development, security, cloud or solutions architecture).
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of container orchestration systems (particularly Kubernetes).
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining software and infrastructure systems in one or more public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficient in systems administration workflow automation, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Instinctive ability to diagnose code or scripts.
- Experience in software development is beneficial.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hands-on technical abilities.
- Effective time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Experience with security platforms (SIEM, micro-segmentation, vulnerability scanning) is a bonus.
- Experience in network operations is a bonus.
- Industry experience would be a bonus.
Please include in your application:
- Cover letter
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our our FAQ page.