Are you a Lead Compositor with over 10 years’ experience on live action VFX projects and animated features? Are you looking to lead a team of some the best artists in the world? You may be the Compositing Lead we are looking for now!
What you’ll get to do:
- Create outstanding visuals on a major project.
- Manage a team of 10-15 Compositing Artists, with high standards of creative and technical excellence.
- Realise the direction of the Compositing Supervisor.
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor to assess, assign and monitor compositing needs.
- Clearly communicate progress and issues to the Compositing Supervisor and production staff
- Offer guidance and mentoring to junior, mid and senior level Compositors.
- Provide solutions to visual challenges through existing tools or by leading development of new tools.
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
- A minimum of 10 years+ experience as a Compositor on visual effects films and/or animated features.
- A minimum of 5 years+ experience leading a team of Compositing Artists.
- Experience with large hybrid pipelines dealing with 500+ shots.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Nuke.
- Senior level knowledge on all aspects of compositing techniques including keying, plate integration, projections,environments, cg integration, filtering best practice, film and camera formats, amongst others.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical and creative information.
- Professional experience and understanding grading and basic colour science, ACES and OCIO.
- Understanding of the visual requirements for the project, design procedures and techniques.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Proven ability to build and direct successful teams.
- The ability to meet deadlines while under pressure.
Nuke Python API knowledge would be a plus.
What you'll need to include in your application:
Your demo reel will have:
- Examples of integration of CG into live plates
- Examples of photo-real feature film and/or high end television work
- Camera plates
- Individual layers
- Finished shots
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.