Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Director of Technical Accounting & Compliance
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
We’re looking for a rockstar Financial Accountant to join a fast moving Finance Team focused on supporting the business with incredible service to enable Ancient Nutrition to give our customers an excellent experience. This is a great opportunity to also see first hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives!
What you’ll be doing:
- Meet regularly with sales leads to update forecast data at the sku level based on past trends, product launches and promotional plans for the future. Forecast includes updates to unit sales, discounts, and other trade amounts based on promotional schedules and contracts.
- Analyze trade spend at the strategic customer level and assist on implementing guardrails for the sales team to follow – providing exception reporting on major price, trade rate and volume variances.
- Manage daily activities to keep financial records current.
- Oversee trade daily activities to ensure customer deductions are coded appropriately, approved timely, and reversals are applied during the same period.
- Work alongside finance and IT team members to help further develop the data warehouse that will be the source of data, driving the overall forecast process along with other aspects of the overall forecasting down to gross margin.
- Assist with prepaids, fixed assets, revenue recognition, trade accruals, inventory reconciliations, flux analysis, other tasks to support the close process.
- Manage item lists to include products for sale, customer groups, bill of materials, discount codes, etc.
- Review and reconcile monthly inventory transactions in Netsuite to include transfer orders, sales, damages, returns, inventory adjustments, etc
- Oversee complex AR & AP statement reconciliations
- Confirm all supporting documentation is loaded to the team drive as related to your job function.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Special projects assigned by the Finance Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Minimum 3 years Accounting / Financial Planning & Analysis experience
- Consumer packaged goods industry / tradespend experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You work well in a team environment.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast-growing company things can change last minute.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player.
From a work from home culture equipped with a centralized, optional co-working space, Ancient Nutrition is a laid-back yet fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of virtual team-wide fun including virtual scavenger hunts, happy hours and more!
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is available for salary employees, a generous amount of paid time off amount for hourly employees, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are also passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)