Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Director of Technical Accounting and Compliance
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 7 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
We’re looking for a rockstar Senior Accountant to join a fast moving and lean Finance Team focused on supporting the business with incredible service to enable Ancient Nutrition to give our customers an excellent experience. This is not only a great opportunity to make an impact early in your career, but to also see first hand how your work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives!
What you’ll be doing:
- Reconcile all cash accounts at month end to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reconcile revenue across all channels and departments for accurate reporting on Financial Statements.
- Manage tradespend by key accounts.
- Assist with forecasting and budget preparation.
- Prepare month end financial statements for review by the director of accounting: reconcile to source documents, ensure cost/price accuracy, note and resolve all variances, analyze final outcomes for month over month fluctuations.
- Manage sales tax transactions and reporting.
- Enter accounting transactions accurately and timely.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Confirm all supporting documentation is loaded to the team drive as related to your job function.
- Special projects assigned by the Finance Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Tradespend and sales tax experience preferred
- Netsuite experience a plus
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You work well in a team environment.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast-growing company things can change last minute.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Competitive time off is given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)