Job Title: Full Stack Web Developer
Reports To: Director of E-Commerce & Marketing Technology
At Ancient Nutrition (ancientnutrition.com) and DrAxe.com (draxe.com), together with our affiliated companies, we believe the human body was built for high performance, and we are passionate about helping people around the world transform their lives through natural health and wellness. We produce and sell 5-star-rated organic health supplements, provide transformative programs and certification courses and deliver unparalleled (and free) education on nutrition, natural medicine, fitness, healthy recipes, DIY home remedies and trending health news through multiple platforms. Our whole food nutritional products are designed to provide ancient nutrients in a modern, convenient form to power the body and mind, restoring us to the health, strength and vitality of our ancestors.
We are looking for a full stack developer with an emphasis on backend and server administration skills to further build the bridge between our platforms and our data by building new tools and applications that enhance the customer experience and automate workflows to make our marketing team more effective in order to drive scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain applications using PHP (Laravel) and VUE.js
- Build and maintain proprietary REST API and Webhook code bases
- Server architecture and administration on Google Cloud Platform
- Optimize and extend our technology offerings to our customers using third party APIs
- Contribute as needed to Shopify theme development
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of professional PHP development experience, specifically with the Laravel framework a plus
- Proficient level of experience with virtualization tools such as Docker
- You feel very confident using version control, task runners, package managers and module bundlers such as Git, Gulp, NPM, Composer
- Experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ
- Experience with data store technologies such as REDIS
- You feel abundantly confident working with APIs
- You feel confident writing advanced SQL queries and working with MySQL databases
- You have a strong working knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform suite or related cloud experience
- You are a self starter that enjoys a fairly autonomous work environment
- You have a willingness to learn and continue to improve yourself
Named Tennessee's fastest growing company 2 years in a row and landed at #35 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies nationwide, we are a fast paced company to work for, with a lot of great perks. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. 401k plan and unlimited paid time off is a given. After a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)