Job Title: Strategic Procurement Manager
Location: Franklin, TN
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 17 million unique visitors per month and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms for the company
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Analyze relevant markets and implement cost-saving strategies across the company
- Develop, improve, and execute procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- You understand how to leverage our brand and current spend.
- You keep a constant awareness of the market and opportunities for cost savings.
- You are a clear and effective communicator with internal and external partners.
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You work well in a team environment.
- You are an excellent negotiator of initial terms and conditions
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast-growing company things can change last minute.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years procurement experience.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)