Job Title: Advertising Director
Location: Nashville, TN
Reports to: VP of Ecommerce
Ancient Nutrition together with draxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. draxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 7 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
Ancient Nutrition is seeking a data-driven Advertising Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment for one of the largest supplement companies in the Health and Wellness space, challenges the status quo and continuously drives growth with an emphasis on data and innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage a team of digital advertisers overseeing paid social, paid search, native, display, streaming radio, direct mail, affiliate and others. This position is hands-on with day-to-day execution across all ads channels.
- Strategically manage budget allocation across channels to maximize ROAS.
- Ensure constant tracking toward KPI targets such as ROAS and ad spend-to-revenue ratio.
- Own testing of new advertising platforms, including performing due diligence, negotiating terms of contracts, proposing budgets, and reporting on performance mid- and post-flight.
- Work with ads team to determine launch strategy for new products and programs.
- Direct creative strategy for digital ads during weekly brainstorming meetings, creative intakes, and daily communication with ads and creative teams.
- Work closely with VP of Ecommerce to establish revenue growth strategy, set monthly and quarterly goals for advertising team, and build a best-in-class tech stack to support paid media expansion.
- Partner with email, creative, analytics, social media, and retail marketing teams to improve the effectiveness of multichannel programs
- Drive thought leadership on best practices for a data-driven media plan.
- Keep detailed documentation of test results and best practices for visibility and reporting.
- Prioritize initiatives in the strategic marketing roadmap based on ROAS and potential revenue impact.
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You are highly analytical and enjoy poking holes in data
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with communicating to executive level leadership.
- You are a natural leader who makes the professional growth of their team a priority
- You are able to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- 4+ years of digital advertising experience managing at least a $5MM annual budget with at least 2 years in a management role
- Extensive hands-on experience managing and reporting in:
- Paid social channels such as Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest
- Paid search such as Google, Bing, Yahoo Gemini
- Native, display, streaming radio, direct mail, and others.
- Experience building a tech stack to support a data driven advertising program, including multi-touch attribution
- In-house experience preferred
- A proven track record of running performance-driven marketing plans that translate into measurable growth results
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, customer tracking tools (e.g. Hotjar)
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is you, we'd love to hear from you! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them! And if you get this job, you’ll read them, too!)