Role: Manager, Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Remote, US and Canada (Eastern preferred)
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Manager, Engineering to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for managing and developing a cross-functional team of Engineers and providing consistent feedback to them
- Responsible for developing and guiding the team to implement appropriate software architecture that scales the package building work stream, which is core to the department and company.
- Manage and drive daily engineering operations and activities across and within the Distribution department– ensuring that critical deliverables are tracked and delivered
- Partner with the Agile Coaches and advocate for the Agile/SCRUM/Kanban/Scrumban processes at Anaconda
- Advocate and encourage data-driven decision making within team
- Be a strong partner to the Product Managers, Agile Coaches, Principal Engineers and other key stakeholders to create and deliver company goals
- Establish and measure key performance indicators to manage operational metrics and improve the performance of the engineering team
- Communicate engineering team strategy and vision to the engineering organization
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
What You Need:
- 6+ years of experience in an Engineering role
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- High degree of emotional intelligence in working with colleagues and team members
- History of creating an inclusive and empathetic engineering culture
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers of many skill levels
- Experience leading teams in Agile software development processes, in particular Scrum or Kanban
- History of successful and unsuccessful software releases
- Practical experience leading engineering teams to meet KPIs and company goals
- Experience collaborating with Product Management to create product roadmaps
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical people
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience leading development teams in continuous deployment environments
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams and departments – identifying any hurdles to progress and improving internal and cross-functional communications and processes
- Strong understanding of Linux or Unix systems
- C/C++ programming experience
- Strong customer service mindset and great attention to detail
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Health fitness membership or reimbursement
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.