Role: Software Engineer III - Distro (Clients)
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Software Engineer III- Distro (Clients) to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Clients team making impactful changes that the large Anaconda ecosystem benefits from everyday with a focus on the Conda package manager and Navigator GUI
- Contribute new features to the Conda code base
- Review Conda issues and PRs coming in from the community as well as internally
- Able to dive into source code in order to improve structure and refactor as needed
- Encourage a team culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Build relationships and rapport with open source package maintainers
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint demos, etc.
- Make each day count: Identify repetitive manual tasks and find solutions to automate them
- Answer/resolve issues on the anaconda mailing lists
- Leading technical meetings and actively contributing ideas
- Have mentored others in technical areas and/or coordinate with other members on their tasks that map to the team/department goals (i.e. set the direction)
What You Need:
- Experience with Git
- Experience with an object oriented programming language. Java, Python, C++, Go, etc
- Familiarity with command-line shell programming (bash, zsh, Powershell, cmd, etc.)
- Deep experience with either MacOs, Linux, or Windows
- Has created unit and integration tests
- Worked on product teams delivering features
- Experience in Open Source beyond just using it. Contributions, engaging with community, building communities, etc..
- Experience in a small company or Startup. Exceptions made for FAANG like companies
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Relevant programming experience with Python
- Experience with Windows OS
- Contributed to open source. Bonus if you are a maintainer of an open source project
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Docker experience
- Experience with CI/CD
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home Wednesdays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health fitness membership or reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.